Sunday, July 22, 2012

Winding Down

My summer has officially come to an end. It's amazing how quickly it goes. I enjoyed all of my travels visiting family and friends. I feel blessed to be able to catch up with people during the summer because I am so bad at doing it during the school year.

When I got back to NOLA I was finally able to track down my home development worker. She came out and did my first home visit--just glanced around to make sure I had enough room for kids. Now she should be sending out my reference letters as I try to schedule my finger printing and wait for my last two home visits. The process probably won't be finished until the end of August at the earliest but I'm so excited that things are finally moving along again.

Visiting my friends with young children this summer provided some perspective on parenting. Illness, fidgety eaters, kids needing naps, poop...need I say more? These are all things that I know are realities of dealing with kids. I deal with these things with my students all the time but it freaks me out a bit knowing that I'll be dealing with it at home by myself too. Right now my fear is balanced by excitement. I pray that the excitement of ministering to these kiddos continues once the realities of parenting hits.

"Save us, we pray, O Lord! O Lord, we pray, give us success!" (Psalm 118:25 ESV)

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever" (Psalm 136:1 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment