Monday, April 16, 2012

One step closer

I started entertaining thoughts about becoming a foster parent almost a year ago now so it is exciting to be so much closer to actually getting kids. I've taken the required classes from the state, got my physical out of the way, and am making an appointment to be fingerprinted next week. The next steps that have been hanging over me were to find my own place so I can start setting up the kids' rooms and the state will make a few visits over a month long period. 

This weekend God provided me with the perfect place. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath home with separate bedrooms (hallelujah for no shotgun style rooms!), central heat and air, washer/dryer hookups, hardwood floors, and fenced in outdoor space. I'm excited about everything about this house but especially excited that it is only a mile from school so I can easily bike to work every day. The neighborhood is also going to be great! Everyone was out on their porches or walking around when I went to the open house Saturday morning so it will be easy getting to know my neighbors. It is also a mixed income neighborhood so there will be many opportunities to minister to my neighbors. 

I found the listing on craigslist Friday night. It made me so excited that I emailed and called the guy to let him know how interested I was and that I would be the first one at the open house the next day. I pretty much walked in, glanced around, and told him I wanted it. He had me to fill out an application and got back to me last night to let me know that it is mine. I sign the lease and get the keys tomorrow.

God is so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment